- The CloudEndure Agent needs to be installed as an administrator (either local or domain).
- When replicating a Windows machine to AWS, .NET Framework 3.5 or higher should also be installed on the machine, otherwise the installation of the agent will fail.
- The CloudEndure Agent needs to be either a root or a user in the sudoers list
- For some Linux machines, the installation of the agent will need to use the gcc, make and kernel-devel packages. gcc and make can be of any version. Ensure gcc, make, openssl, wget & curl are installed. Verify PATH is set correctly for the above - ie, 'which make', 'which lsmod' (if not, set /sbin and /usr/sbin to 'root's PATH). On such machines, if the packages above are not installed, the CloudEndure agent installer will attempt to install them automatically.
- Install the correct kernel-headers package (verify which kernel is currently running [uname -r] and install that same version of kernel-headers-`uname -r`). If that version is not in the YUM repo', please download its RPM from http://rpm.pbone.net/. kernel-devel has to be of the same version as the running kernel.
- Ensure /tmp is mounted as read+write.
- Ensure that Python is at least 2.4 (the default for RHEL5), and was not downgraded for any reason.