CloudEndure suggests using a bandwidth monitoring tool such as iperf using the following steps:
- Spin up a vanilla Linux server in the replication server subnet. Ensure security settings are set to allow inbound traffic on TCP port 1500
- SSH to the instance and install iperf utility using: sudo apt-get install iperf3 or sudo apt install iperf3
- Run: iperf3 -s -p 1500 this will open the port. Leave the session open during this excercise.
- Download iperf3 or install on the source server as detailed in Step 2.
- Open a CMD prompt or terminal window and run:
iperf3.exe -i 10 -c Vanilla_linux_server_ip -p 1500 -t 60 -P 1 > iperf.log
iperf3 -i 10 -c Vanilla_linux_server_ip -p 1500 -t 60 -P 1 > iperf.log
This will run for 60 sec.
Review the iperf.log file to see the bandwidth results.