The process is as follows:
- Press Failover
- Attach the CloudEndure bootable ISO image to the source machine
- Boot into the CloudEndure bootable ISO.
- Replication back to on-premise begins
- When you are ready to fail back, click on Failback. This will detach the ISO image and reboot the source machine back into its OS.
To replicate the data back, the source machine needs to be running and booted into the CloudEndure bootable media.
As for snapshots - If you replicate back into the original machine, all the snapshots remain untouched. If you replicate into a new machine ("bare metal restore"), naturally there are no previous snapshots available.
Please note -
- If the replication software on the bootable media fails to start
- If the media starts, but replication does not start
- If status changes back to “Finalizing Replication”
- If after the Test/Cutover the console states that “Replication is Stalled” because the CloudEndure agent fails to connect to the target Replication Server